Camp Potomac River Base
Click below to download Directions to Camp Potomac:
For those GPS users headed to Camp Potomac enter either the following address or coordinates to get to camp:
- 18308 Scout Camp Rd SE, Oldtown, MD 21555
- N39*33.508 W078*37.473
Camp Potomac is a 114 acre Boy Scout Camp located in Oldtown, Maryland. Camp Potomac is currently available for weekend camping for Scout units. Camp Potomac has 8 campsites and 2 cabins as well as several other facilities available for rent.
- Between October 1 and May 1, the water is shut off to all sites except the Large Cabin because of the weather. Due to this, flush bathrooms and showers are not available. Latrines are located close to all cabins and campsites
- Cell phone reception is limited in camp. Currently only Cellular One and AT&T services work regularly.
- The water at Camp Potomac is high in various minerals, and while perfectly safe to drink, has an odd odor and taste which many do not like. Considering this, many prefer to bring their own water.
Attractions close to camp:
- C & O Canal National Historic Park and Tow Path-including:
- Oldtown Picnic Area, Lock House #70, and Battie-Mixon Fishing Ponds-1.5 mi from camp
- Town Creek Aqueduct
- Paw Paw Tunnel-15 mi S on Rt. 51
- Canal Terminus in Cumberland and Canal Visitor Center-15 mi N on Rt. 51
- Green Ridge State Forest-Backpacker's Paradise
- Potomac River-Canoeing and Tubing
- Western Maryland Scenic Railroad
- Allegheny Highlands Trail-Biking, Hiking
- Wisp Ski Resort-McHenry, MD
- Adventure Sports Center International-Man Made Whitewater Rafting-McHenry, MD
- Swallow Falls and New Germany State Parks
- Seneca and Cooper's Rocks, WV-Climbing
- Dolly Sods Wilderness Area-Hiking
- Youghiogheny River and Ohio Pyle, PA Attractions-Rafting, Biking, Hiking
- Laural Highlands Trail-Hiking
- Nemacolin Woodlands Resort-Ropes Courses, Horse Back Riding
- Deep Creek Lake Attractions-Boating, Tubing
- Rocky Gap State Park and Resort-Beach, Hiking Trails, Nature Center
- Much, Much More!!!!