Rechartering for packs, troops, teams, crews, and ships
Please see important notice about the unit charter fee changes.
All Charters are Due December 15th!
The system lets you enter new members, renew current members and update information for any registrant. When completed, the new unit roster is submitted to ScoutNet and a Unit Charter Renewal Report Package is printed. This package includes the unit charter application. Acquire the signatures for the application, attach applications and fees and take entire package to your district's "Recharter Turn-in Meeting". Additionally, anyone who wants to learn more about how Internet Rechartering works can take the interactive Internet Rechartering tutorial below and view the Online Help. Please note that you will need to have Internet Explorer 5.5 or better to use this new Internet Rechartering feature.
How to Use
- Each unit must select an adult to be its renewal processor
- The Unit processor receives the unit ID that was included in the Charter Renewal packet that was distributed at the October Roundtable.
- The Internet Rechartering site is active 90 days prior to unit expiration date.
- Additional youth and adult applications must be submitted with the charter application.
- New adults must complete youth protection training, within 30 days of registering. Attached a copy of thier Youth Protection Training certificate to thier application.
- When the online process is completed, the renewal processor prints the completed charter renewal application and obtains the needed signatures.
- The unit leader and the Executive Officer (Institution Head) sign the charter renewal application. Bring the application along with the material you received in your recharter packet (such as the Journey To Excellence Worksheet and Unit Accident & Sickness Insurance Plan), and all appropriate fees to your district's charter turn-in meeting.
- Check with your unit service executive or commissioner for your district Charter Turn in date and location.
Active 90 days prior to unit expiration date.