Twin Arrow Helps Scoutmasters Train Leaders
June 11 - 17, 2017
Camp Twin Echo
The 2017 course is at capacity.
Twin Arrow is Council training provided to supplement leadership development provided by the home Scoutmaster.
What is the role of the Scoutmaster in the Troop?
(To train Youth Leaders)
Where should the Scoutmasters actually do their work?
(Wherever they meet with scouts)
Scoutmaster’s Youth Leader Training Kit - A one day introduction to basic troop leadership skills
Twin Arrow - An intensive one week program in leadership skills
Twin Arrow is:
Based on current national standards of leadership training
Includes Ethics In Action and Leave No Trace Camping principles
Provides introductory experience with G.P.S. navigation in the wood
The Structure of Twin Arrow
Provides a toolbox of resources, skills and techniques for Troop leadership
Scoutcraft skiills used in some leadership exercises
To assist home Scoutmaster to provide a quality program (especially if the Scoutmaster is Wood Badge Trained)
To give scouts an opportunity to share experiences with other (different) troop leaders – both youth and adult.
Scouts are assigned to patrols based upon age, rank, home troop, and district.
Who should attend the Twin Arrow?
- The Twin Arrow Conference is designed for Troop Youth Leaders, ALL TROOP YOUTH LEADERS
- It is important that the attendees do not attend prematurely EITHER BY AGE OR RANK
- THEY SHOULD BE 13 YEARS OF AGE AND BE FIRST CLASS OR ABOVE
- All participants must be experienced Scout campers. They must already know how to set up camp, prepare meals, maintain personal and campsite cleanliness, and generally work in a patrol camping situation
- It is not appropriate to send a boy who has never camped without a parent to Twin Arrow
In summary, the Twin Arrow experience is:
Leadership Development Skills represented by start of the art, modern leadership skill presentations. A few highlights of the course are the Overnight camp, the course feast and the Ballista battle.
Register for the 2017 National Youth Leadership Training!